In honor of Banana Bread Day, I thought I would re-share my favorite banana bread (or muffin).
Biscoff Cookie Butter!
Thank you Maria at Two Peas and Their Pod for this great recipe. I, of course, added nuts though.
Biscoff Banana Nut Muffins
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup Biscoff Spread
1/4 cup oil
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
For the Biscoff Cookie Streusel:
1/2 cup chopped Biscoff cookies
1/4 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line muffin pans and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt, set aside.
3. In a stand mixer, mash bananas. Add the Biscoff Spread, oil, egg, vanilla, and sugars.
4. Add the dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Batter will be slightly lumpy, don’t over mix.
5. Scoop batter into prepared pans.
1. In a small bowl, melt butter. Combine chopped Biscoff cookies, chopped pecans, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon to the melted butter. Stir until combined. Add a spoonful of the streusel to the top of the batter in each muffin cup.
2. Bake muffins for 35-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Can also be made in a bread loaf pan.