I am posting a little different today. About a month ago my brother and sister in law said we should open a coffee shop where we could sale crafty items (and shoes) as well. I was elated. I had this idea years ago but no one liked it then. Right away I started looking for all the muffin recipes I could find. That turned into anything that can be baked in a muffin tin. Of course the space will probably not be able to hold an oven, so the baking would have to be done at home. Then I got to thinking of what I could make right there in the store and I started finding all these “in a jar” desserts. Or just desserts I could make in a jar. I started off with shot glasses but those are rather small. Would you believe I turned this bottle
My first attempt at making homemade whipped cream after seeing a recipe at Mom, What’s for Dinner? It turned out pretty good. But it didn’t really stay fluffy after saving it in the fridge. I think maybe I didn’t get enough peaks in it. I did however put the bowl in the freezer first and the cream without freezing the cream.
On Sunday I was due to take family photos of my brother’s family with their dogs which I will share later. I got an idea from Spoonful and Cookies and Cups for a S’mores dessert. While I was waiting for everyone to get home from church, I experimented with my first jar dessert and got this S’mores Goodness.
What you’ll need
- 1 4-oz box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 4 whole graham crackers
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips or chocolate shavings
- Mini marshmallows
I am going to experiment with homemade pudding here soon too. But for the time being the box pudding fared well. I would love to try toasting the marshmallows but I wasn’t sure I wanted to try that in the oven on a cookie sheet. They were pretty tasty anyway.
How to make it
- With a whisk or an electric mixer, beat chocolate pudding mix and milk together until well-combined. Let chill in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
- Crush graham crackers. (I just put mine in a baggie and smashed away.) Spread into the bottom of your jars.
- Remove pudding from fridge and fold in the whipped cream. Put into a baggie or frosting bag and refrigerate another 10 minutes.
- Pipe into jar on top of graham crackers, about half way up. Top with marshmallows. Sprinkle in another layer of graham crackers. Pipe in more pudding and top off with more marshmallows and some chocolate shavings. (I used a knife and chocolate bar to get the shavings.)
- I put lids on the jars and let sit in the fridge again before eating. But can be served immediately.I have so many ideas now and can’t stay off of Pinterest.
One thought on “S’mores Goodness”
Hi, I read your new stuff on a regular basis. Your writing style is witty, keep doing what you’re