Happy Thanksgiving to all those that celebrate. I hope that everyone was able to find at least one thing to be grateful for today. A little list of mine:
- I am thankful for my mother’s cooking
- I am thankful to have a place to live, even if it isn’t my own
- Even though it isn’t the job I really want to have, I am thankful that I at least have one (even when I have to go bare the crazies at 5am in the morning on not only Black Friday, but on my birthday)
- I am thankful that my son is (mostly) normal and healthy (smile for the mostly normal part)
- I am thankful for all of those people in the blogging community that teach me so much
- I am thankful for challenges like The Shades of Autumn, and the hosts Alicia, Kristi and Rebecca, for keeping me getting out there and realizing just how beautiful fall in the Albuquerque area is. I had not noticed how colorful and vibrant it was before this year. For that realization, I am completely grateful (and for my camera capturing so much of it)
I mentioned above that I have to work tomorrow at the crazy hour of 5am, on my birthday no doubt. I have worked in customer service almost my whole life but I have come to realize that retail is the worst when it comes to rude, mean people. I have never before encountered as much complaining and meanness as I have in this job. I just want to remind everyone reading that most of us are just doing our job. Following the rules put forth to us. I try really hard to be really nice to even the mean people (you know, kill them with kindness) but sometimes this doesn’t even help. Remember to share a kind word to the people at the check out counter. Maybe it will even turn their sour attitude up if they are really the unbearable one.
This is the last time to share with The Shades of Autumn so make sure you click on the button and head on over to check out the other final posts.