I like the play of the light in this picture. Birthday boy and his “cake”.
Every once in a while I get extremely creative. Yesterday, after two soccer games and then lunch with the fam (these are never short excursions), I made my son’s “cake” for his little party. He doesn’t like cake or anything really. Other than Golden Oreos and Baskin Robbins soft serve vanilla ice cream. So for the last three years he has gotten a monkey bread cake. He does love his cinnamon and sugar. After making the cake, I proceeded to make homemade Marshmallow Fluff. Oh boy, it was a huge batch. I really didn’t need all of it. So half went in the freezer. Then I made chocolate pudding, sorry folks, it was out of a box. Put together these pudding cups and jars. Put together the treat bags and realized it was already past time for the sleep over to have begun and the only boy here was the one that came early. They had loads of fun anyway. They slept outside in a tent, and played until well after dark. Being boys.
S’mores Pudding in a Jar (or cup)
You will need:
- Marshmallow Fluff (I made homemade)
- Instant Chocolate Pudding (I used the bigger box but it depends on how many you want to serve)
- Golden Grahams cereal (or other graham cracker goodness) Update: unless you are going to eat these right away, I don’t recommend the cereal. It got really soggy. I will stick to Biscoff cookies
- Milk chocolate to shave or chop (mini MnMs would work too)
- Small jars (I used 4 bowls as well because I didn’t have enough jars here, the rest are in storage)
Marshmallow Fluff ingredients (makes probably 30oz)
- 3 egg whites
- 2 cups light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 – 3 cups powdered sugar, to taste
- 1 – 1 1/2 Tablespoons vanilla extract, to taste, or other flavoring
Recipe adapted from Bombshell Bling
Now this is the recipe I ultimately used but not exactly. I started off using a different recipe so I actually whisked the egg whites first, then added 2 Tbsp of sugar and beat again until peaks formed. Then I started following the recipe above. I only added in 2 cups of powdered sugar and no vanilla. And the stuff was excellent and a little less sweet than store bought.
How to Make (the way I did it)